History

1872
The company is founded by Leonhard Lang sen.

1873
Registration of the company as "Leonhard Lang Paper Wholesale".

1882
Leonhard Lang buys an empty building known as the "Österreichischer Hof" in Innsbruck, Maria-Theresien-Straße and starts his paper converting business there.

1897
In March Leonhard Lang is given the freedom of the city of Innsbruck. In September he donates the whole building in Maria-Theresien-Straße 18 to the city of Innsbruck. The building is turned into the city hall and is used by Innsbruck's mayors until today.

1914
More partners join the company.

1941
After Leonhard Lang sen.'s death his nephew Leonhard Lang jun. joins the company as a partner.

1944
The back part of the building in Innsbruck, Maria-Theresien-Straße 18 which is still used as a production site for the paper converting business is totally destroyed during an air raid.

1947
Employees renovate the completely destroyed middle part of the building in Maria  Theresien-Straße 18. Office rooms and a warehouse are made. The production site has to move to another location in Hall near Innsbruck.

1956
Today's owner, Dr. Leonhard Lang, joins the company.
Number of employees: 25

1959
Production site, office rooms and warehouse get reunited in a new place in Innsbruck, Ing.-Etzel-Straße.

1973
From this year on the company is located in Innsbruck, Archenweg 56. 
Total area: 3.000 sqm

1978
Launch of the production of bag for x-ray pictures

1983
Dr. Lang starts manufacturing disposable ECG electrodes and founds the department "Leonhard Lang Medical Products".

1984
1 million electrodes per year produced

1988
A new warehouse is made.
Total area: 4.300 sqm
Number of employees: 50

1991
Launch of the production of "Sichtstreifenbeutel"

1994
Leonhard Lang GmbH is founded and takes over Leonhard Lang KG's medical and  paper converting business. Leonhard Lang KG specializes in Research & Development and silver coating.
Total area: 5.600 sqm
Number of employees: 75

1995
Leonhard Lang Medical Products gets certified to develop, manufacture and sell/distribute medical products according to the International Standards ISO 9001, ISO 13485, MDD Annex II, EN 46001 and GMP (WHO).

1996
Launch of the product line "Electrosurgical Dispersive Plates"

1997
Launch of the product line "Ultrasonic Gel"

1998
Leonhard Lang Medical Products gets certified according to the International Standards ISO 14001 and EMAS.

2004
Launch of product line "Defibrillation Electrodes"

2009
First clean room is put into operation

2011
Start of construction Plant 2 

2012
Opening Plant 2
Total area: 12.200 sqm  

 
updated:  Nov 3, 2014
deutsch
english
 


  Leonhard Lang GmbH, Archenweg 56, A-6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Copyright © 2004 by Leonhard Lang